The New Zealand Gardens Trust was established by New Zealand's only national horticultural body, the Royal New Zealand Institute of Horticulture, to assess gardens for the public to visit.
The objectives of the trust are to:
- Develop a database and website of gardens endorsed by the Royal New Zealand Institute of Horticulture (RNZIH)
- Promote the interests and profile of member gardens, and the open garden sector in general
- Develop a relationship with Tourism New Zealand, and the tourism industry in general
- Promote excellence in the open garden sector through setting of standards and provision of educational opportunities for members and non member gardens
- Represent and advocate for the open garden sector
- Maintain, and where possible enhance, the working and professional relationship with the RNZIH
- Assist the RNZIH to fulfil its purpose where this aligns with the best interests of member gardens and the open garden sector in general.
The current trustees of the New Zealand Gardens Trust are:
|Chairman||Kerei Thompson, F.R.I.H.|
|Administration Manager||Irene Collins|
|Committee||Mick Reece, F.R.I.H.|
|Advisor||Gordon Collier, M.N.Z.M, A.H.R.I.H. (N.Z.)|
|Advisor||Beverly McConnell, A.H.R.I.H. (N.Z.)|